Cleaning with Portable Ozone Generator
Hotels have well established procedures for cleaning guest bedrooms and communal areas, an essential part of which is the removal of unpleasant odours caused by smoking, damp, food preparation and other environmental contaminants. The main problem faced by housekeepers is how to make rooms suitable for speedy re-occupation when noxious odours are ingrained into
What is it?
- Environmentally friendly – no chemicals
- Produces ozone directly from air
- Kills odour’s caused by bacteria at the source.
- Particles travel deep into the carpet, furniture, window dressings
The environmental benefits
Results of a survey of hotels that had used Ozone Clean’s equipment for at least 3 months identified the following environmental benefits:
- 40% confirmed they had reduced their usage of air fresheners by 15-25% and the remainder had reduced their usage by at least 10%.
- 35% confirmed they had reduced the need to specialist clean curtains by 40%, 30% had reduced the need by 15-25% and the remainder by up to 10%.
- 30% confirmed they had almost completely eliminated the use of steam cleaners and shampoo machines to solve odour problems, with the remainder reducing their use by 15-25%.
- Anecdotal evidence suggests air freshener ordering patterns have changed significantly although commercial confidentiality precluded actual figures being available.
- 100% of the hotels confirmed that the ozone generators are being used for a minimum of 5 hours per day
When used as such ozone has proven to be 50% stronger and 3000x faster than bleach. In regulated cleaning applications, EPA guidelines direct us toward disinfection with chlorine and ozone